'I ordered an iPhone, but when it arrived the box was empty'

Do you have an issue you need put right? Which? is here to help get your consumer problems sorted.

Dear Which?,

I recently ordered a new iPhone from Apple's online store, but when it was delivered by DPD, the box was empty. I immediately contacted Apple and called Nottinghamshire Police to log the incident.

Apple responded, refusing me a replacement or a refund. It said it had carried out a review with DPD which confirmed that the parcel had been delivered to my address. But the delivery was not in question - the point was that I had received an empty package. 

I tried to recontact Apple to escalate the complaint, but got no response. Through no fault of my own, I am still without the product I ordered, and Apple doesn't seem particularly concerned about my consumer rights.

Can you help me get a refund?

Allan, Nottinghamshire

Put to Rights

Hannah Downes consumer rights expert at Which? says:

This means if your parcel arrives tampered with, damaged, missing, or you receive the wrong product, the retailer must refund you or resend the correct items.

Which? contacted DPD and Apple on Allan's behalf. DPD told us its security photograph shows the driver handing the parcel to the recipient on the doorstep. It said its investigation hasn't uncovered any issues.

Apple declined to comment but apologised to Allan and has since offered him his money back.

'Thanks to Which? for your help as I am sure that without your intervention this problem would have rumbled on,' he said.

Get in touch. 

Please be aware that we cannot help with, or respond to every email that we receive. The inbox is monitored periodically during office hours, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.



source https://www.which.co.uk/news/article/your-rights-if-a-parcel-is-tampered-with-ajdFl2x2v3Sn
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post